Canadian Study /
Work Permit Simplified
Get yours DONE in 5 minutes

Applying for Your
Canadian Study or Work Visa

By studying in Canada, you will be securing your path to a better future. But to secure that future, you have to keep your study permit up to date. If your Study Permit expires before you finish your program of study, you will need to apply for an extension. Unless you no longer want to continue studying in Canada, you should always apply for a new study permit before your old one expires. Moreover, after graduating you can also apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience.


Application Process

Step 1.

Select Permit(s)
You Are Applying

Step 2.

Receive Email
Confirmation & Checklist

Step 3.

Flow Email Link &
Complete Application

Step 4.

Receive Permit
Within 4–6 Weeks

Study Permit Extension

The expiry date on your study permit tells you when you need to stop studying. It is best to apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires. You should also apply ahead of time for an extension if you plan on travelling outside of Canada around the time your permit expires. If you want to keep studying beyond your expiry date, you need to apply to extend your study permit.

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

If you graduate from a Designated Learning Institution ( a university, college or CÉGEP ) and want to stay and work in Canada temporarily, you can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. You can receive a PGWP for any study program under 3 years.

Temporary Resident Visa – Student/Worker Visa

Persons who are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada may require a visa to gain entry. If you are a temporary resident in Canada with valid status (you have a valid study permit or work permit), you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

What Canada Offers You


Higher Education in Canada

Studying in Canada is more than an education, it is a life changing experience and graduating with…


Immigration and Citizenship Canada

Canada has invited 2,750 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canadian permanent residence…


Study English in Canada

Language courses in Canada have become one of the popular ways of spending vacations…


Work in Canada

An international student has a right to work legally from 8 months to 3 years after graduation…

Sign up to receive
the latest updates

Start typing and press Enter to search