Contact Us

Office location: 603-245 Fairview Mall Drive, Toronto, ON, M2J 4T1


Contact Customer Service

Simply complete the form below and click submit

Full Name
Query Type
0 /


What is Study Permit Extension processing time?

Processing times tell you how long it took in the past to process applications for IRCC . Depending on how many applications IRCC receives, processing time can vary. Processing time is updating on a weekly basis. Based on January 28, 2018 Study Permit online applications may take up to 30 days and paper applications up to 116 days. Note that your application may be delayed if not fully completed.

How and where should I mail a passport after I received a passport request letter?

After you received a passport request letter, you should mail your passport to the Case Processing Centre-Ottawa. First of all, print and include a passport request letter together with your passport. Secondly, buy two prepaid 24×32 cm Xpresspost envelopes at any Canada Post branch. Ensure to put a passport, passport request letter and second envelope inside the other envelope. Visa Office will use second envelope to return your passport back to you. Also, note the tracking number for each envelope, include your full mailing address in the “Return Address” field. Finally, mail your full package to “CPC – Ottawa, P.O. Box 9640, Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2” OR if sent by private courier to “CPC – Ottawa, Temporary Resident Visa Section, 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1”.

Can I work while I am waiting to receive my PGWP?

Yes, you can work as a full-time while waiting for a final decision if you met four requirements at the time you submitted the application. Firstly, had a valid study permit. Secondly, had completed your program of study. Thirdly, were eligible to work off-campus without a permit. Finally, did not work of campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

How can I change my Study Permit if I want to change my school or program of study?

There are three types of studies: Primary School student, High School Student and Post-Secondary student. If you are moving on to high school from primary OR on to post-secondary school from high school, you must apply to modify your Study Permit. However, if you are a post-secondary student you may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (from Bachelor to Master, for example) without applying for a new Study Permit. You may continue to use your Study Permit as long as it is valid. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit.

Can I stay in Canada if my Study Permit expired but I have applied for a New Study Permit?

Yes, you may remain in Canada as a temporary resident until IRCC make a final decision on your new Study Permit application, as long as your application to extend was submitted prior to the expiry date of your authorized stay. If the new application was submitted to renew your study permit, you may stay in Canada and continue studying as per the conditions of your original study permit until IRCC decide on your application. If the new application was submitted for a different type of temporary resident status (such as Work Permit), on the expiry of your study permit you should stop any of the activities stated in the original study permit once the permit expires. You must stop studying once your study permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

Can I leave Canada and come back if I have a temporary resident visa?

You will need a new single entry visa to come back to Canada if you have a single entry visa temporary visa. However, if you have a multiple entry temporary resident visa and it is not expired, you can come back to Canada. Also, you can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa if your temporary resident visa is expired. This request only possible if you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon and you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

Can I switch employers while working under PGWP?

Post-Graduation Work Permit is an Open Work Permit. That means you can work for any employer in Canada unless there restrictions listed on your Work Permit. Also, working under the PFWP you can get experience to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class program.  Please note, in order to be qualified for CES, your should have work experience listed under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) at Skill Type 0 (Managerial positions), or Skill Type A (professional occupations) or Skill Type B (technical and trade occupations)

Start typing and press Enter to search